GlycanAge Ltd. and its affiliates are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) applies to www.glycanage.com and our services as defined in the Terms and Conditions. Our Privacy Statement is designed to help you better understand which information we collect, use, store, process, and transfer when operating our website and providing our services.
GlycanAge, Ltd. is headquartered at 151 Holland Park Avenue, London, W11.
The following are our core privacy principles:
We collect and handle information:
- To provide, analyse and improve our services,
- As we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, including for marketing and advertising purposes,
- To protect the security and safety of our company, employees, customers, as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, (iv) to comply with laws and regulations we are subject to.
We understand and respect the sensitive nature of the information you provide to us, i.e. information about your ethnic origin, health status medication, etc. To meet the high-leveled standards we have set, we ask for your explicit and informed consent to collect, use and share such sensitive information in our research and with the third parties.
We are committed to providing a secure and safe environment for our services. Please review this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions. By using our services, you agree to all of the policies and procedures described in the foregoing documents.
2. What Information We Collect
Aggregate Information: information that has been combined with that of other website users and analysed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
Personal Information: information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information.
Self-Reported Information: information you provide about yourself:
- When registering as research participant or research partner or commercial partner and/or creating GlycanAge account on our website and/or signing up to our newsletter (e.g. name, email, phone, address, name of organization you work in, user ID and password).
- Information regarding your age, gender, ethnicity, health status, medication, including oral contraceptives, menstrual cycle and lifestyle, and any other you provide on a voluntary basis during research.
- When you contact us via email and correspond with us about our service, we collect information to: track and respond to your inquiry; investigate any breach of our Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement or applicable laws or regulations; and analyse and improve our services.
Reported Information: information you provide via blood sampling.
Web Behavior Information: information on how you use the GlycanAge website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you, such as your email. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Other types of information. We are always working to enhance our services with new products and features that may result in the collection of new and different types of information. When this is the case, we will update our Privacy Statement accordingly.
3. How We Use and Share Information
GlycanAge will use and share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement. A Using information to provide, analyse and improve our services. We use the information described above to operate, provide, analyse and improve our services. These activities may include, among other things, using your information in a manner consistent with other commitments in this Privacy Statement, to:
- Communicate with you, and implement your requests;
- Host our website, authenticate your visits, provide custom, personalized content and information, and track your usage of our services;
- Conduct analytics to improve and enhance our services;
- Offer new products or services to you;
- Implement online marketing campaigns and targeted advertising, including by utilizing third-party ads (subject to your cookie settings and preferences), and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and targeted advertising;
- Perform research and development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis and research in order to develop new or improve existing products and services, and performing quality control activities.
Using information with your consent — For usage of the information other than described in this Privacy Statement we will ask you for your prior consent.
Information we share with third-parties:
- General service providers — We share the information with our business partners who help us operate our projects. They are required to protect your personal data and they are not allowed to share it with any third-party.
Disclosures required by law — Under certain circumstances your information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. GlycanAge will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that GlycanAge may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations;
- Enforce the GlycanAge Terms and Conditions and other policies;
- Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties;
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GlycanAge, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public.
4. Marketing communications
By registering as research participant or research or commercial partner, you are agreeing that we may send you promotional emails about our services. You can click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of promotional email communications.
5. Important Information
GlycanAge complies with the relevant legislation of the United Kingdom and the EU legislation relating to data protection on the Internet, namely Data Protection Directive 1995/46/EC.
GlycanAge takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, GlycanAge uses a range of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information. In particular, all connections to and from our website are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password and other authentication information you use to access our services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third-party and should immediately notify GlycanAge of any unauthorized use of your password. GlycanAge cannot secure personal information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
Your information collected through the service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which GlycanAge or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities and, therefore, your information may be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions which may be different from the laws of your country of residence.
In the event that GlycanAge goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will likely be among the assets transferred. In such a case, your information would remain subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Statement.
GlycanAge provides links to third-party websites operated by organizations not affiliated with GlycanAge. GlycanAge does not disclose your information to organizations operating such linked third-party websites. GlycanAge does not review or endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of these organizations.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by GlycanAge.
GlycanAge is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. Neither GlycanAge nor any of its services are designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, a notice will be posted as part of this Privacy Statement and on our account login pages for 30 days. After 30 days the changes will become effective. In addition, all users will receive an email with notification of the changes prior to the change becoming effective.
6. Contact Information
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please email email@example.com.
Last updated on May, 4, 2017.