GlycanAge Ltd. Iis committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) applies to the use of our website at www.glycanage.com and the use of our services as deﬁned in the Terms and Conditions.
This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and processes personal information about you, how we use and protect this information, and your rights in relation to this information.
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
The following are our core privacy principles which comply with European Data Protection Regulations GDPR (EU) 2016/679 as applied in the UK by the Data Protection Act 2018.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE USE
We will collect personal information about you from you directly (e.g. when you contact us) and from other sources, such as your medical practitioner / Clinic that may have recommended our services to you.
We collect and handle information:
- To provide the Service to you that you have requested,
- To meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that will enable us to develop new services. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- As we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, including for marketing and advertising purposes,
- To protect the security and safety of our company, employees, customers, as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, (iv) to comply with laws and regulations we are subject to.
We understand and respect the sensitive nature of the information you provide to us, i.e. information about your ethnic origin, health status medication, etc. To meet the high-leveled standards we have set, we ask for your explicit and informed consent to collect, use and share such sensitive information in our research and with the third parties.
We are committed to providing a secure and safe environment for our services. Please review this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions. By using our services, you agree to all of the policies and procedures described in the foregoing documents.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Aggregate Information: information that has been combined with that of other website users and analysed or evaluated as a whole, such that no speciﬁc individual may be reasonably identiﬁed.
Personal Information: information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information.
Self-Reported Information: information you provide about yourself:
- When registering as research participant or research partner or commercial partner and/or creating GlycanAge account on our website and/or signing up to our newsletter (e.g. name, email, phone, address, name of organization you work in, user ID and password).
- Information regarding your age, gender, ethnicity, health status, medication, including oral contraceptives, menstrual cycle and lifestyle, and any other you provide on a voluntary basis during research.
- When you contact us via email and correspond with us about our service, we collect information to: track and respond to your inquiry; investigate any breach of our Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement or applicable laws or regulations; and analyse and improve our services.
Reported Information: information you provide via blood sampling.
Web Behavior Information: information on how you use the GlycanAge website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log ﬁles, cookies, and web beacon technology.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log ﬁles. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you, such as your email. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Other types of information: we are always working to enhance our services with new products and features that may result in the collection of new and different types of information. When this is the case, we will update our Privacy Statement accordingly.
2. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
GlycanAge will use and share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement.
Using the information to provide the service to you - We use the information described above to operate, provide, analyse and improve our services.
These activities may include, among other things, using your information in a manner consistent with other commitments in this Privacy Statement, to:
- Communicate with you, deal with any questions you may have and to implement your requests;
- Host our website, authenticate your visits, provide custom, personalized content and information, and track your usage of our services;
- Conduct analytics to improve and enhance our services; Offer new products or services to you;
- Implement online marketing campaigns and targeted advertising, including by utilizing third-party ads (subject to your cookie settings and preferences), and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and targeted advertising;
- Perform research and development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis and research in order to develop new or improve existing products and services, and performing quality control activities.
Using information with your consent — For usage of your information other than as described in this Privacy Statement, we will ask you for your prior consent.
Information we share with third-parties:
- General service providers — We share the information with our business partners who help us to provide the service. They are required to protect your personal data and they are not allowed to share it with any other third-party.
Disclosures required by law — Under certain circumstances your information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. GlycanAge will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that GlycanAge may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations;
- Enforce the GlycanAge Terms and Conditions and other policies;
- Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties;
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GlycanAge, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public.
3. YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- Access your personal information;
- Rectify the information we hold about you;
- Erase your personal information;
- Restrict our use of your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, fulfil orders, optimize our services, send newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services and analyse information.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
5. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
By registering as research participant or research or commercial partner, you are agreeing that we may send you promotional emails about our services.
You can click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of promotional email communications.
6. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
GlycanAge takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, GlycanAge uses a range of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information. In particular, all connections to and from our website are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password and other authentication information you use to access our services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third-party and should immediately notify GlycanAge of any unauthorized use of your password. GlycanAge cannot secure personal information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
Your information collected through the service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which GlycanAge or its subsidiaries, afﬁliates or service providers maintain facilities , but the laws of England and Wales will take precedence in respect of our website and the services we provide.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services;
- Deal with any request for re-testing.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
In the event that GlycanAge goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will likely be among the assets transferred. In such a case, your information would remain subject to the promises made in any pre- existing Privacy Statement.
GlycanAge provides links to third-party websites operated by organizations not afﬁliated with GlycanAge. GlycanAge does not disclose your information to organizations operating such linked third-party websites. GlycanAge does not review or endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of these organizations.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by GlycanAge.
GlycanAge is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. Neither GlycanAge nor any of its services are designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, a notice will be posted as part of this Privacy Statement and on our account login pages for 30 days. After 30 days the changes will become effective. In addition, all users will receive an email with notiﬁcation of the changes prior to the change becoming effective.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information [under European Union law / by the European Commission].
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at our registered office address GlycanAge, Ltd. 20 Napier Place, London, W14 8LG.
Last updated in June 2020.